Friday, January 14, 2011

2 of 3 Bee Blocks done

I finished the second of my three bee blocks this month.  Hmmm, I may have forgotten to share the first.  I'll post it later.  This one is for Kim in Twice Around the Block VQB.  She asked for squares and rectangles, but everything else was up to us.  I approached this improv style which was all well and good until I got to the end and was almost out of fabric!  Yipes!  Sometimes it's important to have a plan!  It worked out ok, but it finished at a strange 12.25" square.  She said for it be anywhere from 12-15" so I guess I made it.....barely.  I had meant for the two green pieces to line up on the right hand side there, but I miscalculated at the end.  Sigh.  Well, I'm happy with how the fish came out, especially the one at the top left.  She sent out so many pretty fabrics for these, I'm sure the final result will be awesome!

1 comment:

H2Ogirl said...

I love your improv style

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...