I'm participating in Rachel's Bottled Rainbows Quilt-a-long. The brilliance of this quilt-a-long is (1) you can use scraps and (2) you can go at your own pace! I've had my scraps sorted for a while, but it took me a while to sit down and form a block. The time consuming part of this quilt is all the cutting of scraps to fit into the block. I'm too lazy to stand up and do this at my cutting mat, so my scraps are hand cut while I lounge on the floor. This has resulted in some no so straight scrappy pieces, but oh well! Here are my blocks so far:
Not all of these scraps came from my own stash. I had to do a little swapping to round out my collection.....ok, a lot of swapping. There are just some colors (like purple) that I don't have a lot of. I love purple, but there isn't a lot of fabric out there in that color. Oh! I have a tip for you if you plan on making these blocks--do NOT stack the blocks on top of each other with the batting of one block touching the front of another block. YIKES! I had to lint roll a few blocks. Instead, stack the blocks with front sides facing.
Oh, and I was nominated by the awesome and talented Weekend-bag-maker Ali and the lovely and sweet Australian Jan-Maree for a Stylish Blogger Award. Nice, right? It's basically saying "Hey! I like your blog and think you're cool!" You're supposed to share 7 things about yourself and pass the honor along to other bloggers you enjoy. It's a great way to discover new blogs!
7 things about me:
1. I do not eat anything that comes from the ocean. Nada. I've tried it all and I hate all seafood. I can choke down some fried fish if it's heavily battered, but I don't like it.
2. I chew my hair absentmindedly. I don't know why. It's just habit. I'm doing it right now!
3. I have never broken a bone or had a nose bleed, but I accidentally stabbed scissors two inches into my leg when I was fourteen
4. My three favorite smells are coffee, bacon, and books. Now if only the Starbucks inside Barnes and Noble served bacon, I would never leave.
5. I have never played on a team sport outside of mandatory gym class.
6. I can stand completely straight, knees locked, with my feet pointing behind me.
7. I name my kids after characters in Nora Roberts' books
6 Blogs to check out
1. Lisa at Crafting My Way Through Life
2. Daddy Geek Boy this is the blog of a crafty friend's husband. So funny!!!!
3. Elizabeth at Don't Call Me Betsy
4. Michelle at I like orange too
5. Stefanie (who also sells fabulous stationery!) at My Name is Stefanie and I'm a Craftaholic
6. Kelly at SewKellySews
I'll leave it up to them whether they want to pass this along since these things come around a lot. :)