Monday, June 20, 2011
Out of My Comfort Zone
So I decided to make something with the experiment I created a while back. I took this
and made it into a 12"x16" pillow. I originally started this experiment because I thought I wanted to do a hexagon pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 5, but I changed my mind (see previous post for what I did make). This has been up on my design wall begging me to make something with it so I cut it down, added some borders, quilted the dickens out of it, and made a pillow. I'll admit, I was nervous about cutting it. I loved it they way it was!
Between the solids, straight-line quilting, and black and white fabrics, this is WAY out of the norm for me. I guess it is colorful, which I like. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. If my mom likes it, I'll give it to her (hi mom! I know you read all my blog posts even though you don't understand some of it! ha ha!), or I may list it on etsy, or I may swap it. I don't know. Sometimes it's fun to just create for sake of creating!