Finished up this sample quilt for Ali based on her paper pieced pattern for the equation y=1/x.
There are a couple of firsts in this quilt for me. It was the first time I've made an entire quilt from a paper pieced pattern. It's the first time I've used 505 to spray baste a quilt--by the way, I think I'm in love! It's also the first time I've used the start/stop function on my machine to free motion instead of the foot pedal. I've always wanted to try it, but if you pin baste, the start/stop button isn't practical. I'm still not sure I would ever take the time to spray baste a large quilt, but it was sooooooooo much faster to FMQ this since it had been spray basted I might consider it!
I used some Habitat for the binding since it had a lot of the colors I used in the top.
The back is an AMH flannel print. It's super soft and cozy!
I love how the quilting show up on the back!
I'm now working on a stocking for my nephew! I still have to add the cuff and add some details to the other side.