This quilt is otherwise known as, "If I were a quilt I would look like..." Sometimes quilts come together so easily, it's like they make themselves. I started this quilt at 8 last night and finished it at 1130. I love it! It came out exactly like I wanted--don't you love it when that happens?
The entire front and binding are made from Essex linen/cotton blend in various colors. The neutral background color is sand, but I'm not sure of the names of the rest. I cut (2) 2.5" x WOF strips of the coral, pink, and green fabric; (4) 2.5" x WOF strips of the ivory, (32) 3.5"x 10.5" rectangles of the Sand background. I sewed 5 of the strips together then cut (8) 4.5"x10.5" rectangles from those. I repeated this step with the remaining 5 strips, but I alternated the order. Then, I sewed a 3.5"x10.5" background rectangle to either side of the pieced strip. When piecing the top I simply alternated directions of the block (and alternated style of pieced block). Ta-da! A cute, modern 40"x40" baby quilt!
I had exactly the right amount of this Amy Butler print for the backing. Seriously, it was destiny! I'm obsessed with the colors in this print. These large scale florals are hard to use in pieced fronts, but for backing they are perfect! This will be yet another for the bazaar (though I'd love to keep it!)