I'm still sewing...sort of. I finished this quilt top for my husband's cousin who is expecting a girl later this summer.
I based the colors in this quilt from the room color they chose--a dark purple/pink. Hopefully they like it! This was pretty easy to make, though the cutting took a while. I cut random width strips of a bunch of prints and solids (from 1.25"-2.5") and left them all about 20-22" long. I sewed 14-15 strips together then used my 12.5" ruler to cut out the block. I then used the scraps from this process to cut 2" wide strips. I sewed the scrap strips together to make the pieced border--this took very little time since so much of the work was already done! I ended up with only a tiny amount of waste!
I have a REALLY exciting project in the works, but I can't talk about it! I'm a tease, I know! :)