I'm teaching at Sewing Summit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Eeeeeek! My friend, Michelle, had to drop out of teaching because she got a great new job, but can't get the time off! boo! hiss! I was super bummed she won't be able to make it, but I'm thrilled that the powers-that-be at Sewing Summit asked me to fill in for her! Want to know what I'll be teaching? How to make these:
I'll be taking you through how to draw your own template and how to take a deep breath as you put permanent glue near your precious fabric! :) ha! I can't wait! I hope to see many of you there and hopefully meet you in my class!
Registration for classes starts tomorrow and I know many of you are anxious about getting into certain classes that have very limited space (like mine). Here are some points to remember:
- What will be will be. No use stressing over things beyond your control.
- The organizers of SS have been working very hard to make this event as successful, fun, and fair as possible, lets not stress them out more by complaining
- All of the teachers will be there the whole weekend so if you don't get into their class--feel free to corner them and ask your questions! Well, maybe I should only speak for myself here. :) I don't mind holding an impromptu class for anyone who wants to learn!
- Sewing Summit is about having fun with a group of people who share a love of sewing (and fabric!) Try to keep a positive attitude. The weekend will be a blast no matter what you take, pinky promise!
- If all else fails, have a cocktail!