I will be teaching a THIRD metal frames pouch class at Sewing Summit on Saturday, October 13th from 115-315!!!!!! There are a couple of important things to know about this extra hands-on class:
1. This is an unofficial Sewing Summit class. You must email me at email@example.com to claim your spot. I will email you back to let you know you're in. Once you are officially in my class, you MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST unregister for any class you have on Saturday, October 13th from 115-315. This is essential!
2. It will be limited to 40 students
3. It will cost $4--given to me at class time--for a frame. I will have enough frames for everyone to purchase one at the time of class. Even if you do not get into any of my classes, there will still be frames available for purchase at Sewing Summit so you can learn from me or someone else during open sew times!
4. You need to bring glue, or share glue with someone. I will have the left over tubes from the morning class, but there is no guarantee there will be enough for everyone. One tube of the Gutterman glue I recommend will make at least 5 pouches, so feel free to share!
5. Bring a FQ worth of batting OR fusible fleece to class. I'm unsure whether there will be left overs from the previous two classes, so to be safe, you may want to make sure and have a scrap on hand. There will be plenty of batting floating around at SS so I'm sure you can scrounge up a scrap when you get there.
6. Winn at While Baby Naps on Etsy has sweetly given us a 20% coupon code for supplies in her shop until October 13th (code can be seen on the Sewing Summit Google Group page only). You can buy all sort of sizes and style frames as well as the Gutterman glue from her site. If you are international, I would suggest asking an American Sewing Summit friend to be your mailing address so that you will be certain to have your order in time for Sewing Summit. She ships very quickly! Again, I will have frames for you to purchase at class time, but this is a great opportunity to stock up on supplies at a fabulous price!
7. We will only have a few sewing machines! I hope to have around 4 machines in the class for us to use. This means we have to share, however, this class time is 45 minutes longer than my other two classes so we should be good! If anyone doesn't finish and still wants help, please just corner me during the open sew times and I'll help you out!
8. Please keep in mind that I gave up one of the classes I wanted to take in order to teach a third metal frames class. I do NOT want to hear any complaints about how I'm handling the signups. It is at my discretion who gets into this class, so don't piss me off! :) I would love for everyone who wants to learn to get in, but I must cap the class at 40. I will post on the Google Group discussion when the class is full.
So, if you want in, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will email you back to let you know you're in! If more than 40 people email me, I will start a wait list based on who was first.
I hope this helps those of you who were unable to get into a hand-on class! I'm so thrilled to be teaching at Sewing Summit and I can't wait to meet you all! UPDATE: I'm over half full already! Be sure to tell any friends you have coming to Summit so they don't miss out on a chance to take another hands-on class!